Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs
ANEW offers high-quality, pre-apprenticeship training programs that help individuals obtain careers in construction trades. We partner with many registered apprenticeship programs in the Seattle area and expose students directly to their training facilities. These training partners explain their industry, teach technical and math-related lessons, and emphasize the importance of fitness.
As a graduate of ANEW, you will receive direct or preferred entry into a construction apprenticeship program. You will also receive placement assistance and retention services for two years.
Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs
Trades Rotation Program (TRP)
Women, Trans, Gender Nonconforming Individuals
Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Education (PACE)
TRP and PACE are 12-week, 3 days a week, high-quality pre-apprenticeship training programs at our Training Facility in Tukwila, WA that help individuals obtain family wage careers in construction trades. These programs help adults gain the knowledge, physical fitness, and technical trades skills needed to be competitive to successfully apply and be accepted into an apprenticeship.
Students will earn the following certifications:
– RISE Up
During the 12 weeks, students will:
– Learn all apprenticeship trades to gain knowledge about the scope of work, wages, and benefits.
– Visit working job sites to interact with professionals
– Learn trades/applied math
– Focus on physical fitness and nutrition
– Have professional development opportunities including mock interviews, peer and professional mentoring, and resume building
– Have access to our support services*
*Dependent on income eligibility
- 18 years of age or older
- GED or High School Diploma (or ability to obtain by end of program)
- Valid WA State Driver’s License (or ability to reinstate license by end of program)
- Reliable Transportation
- Stable Living Arrangements
- Ability to pass a drug test
Construction Boot Camp (CBC)
This is our all-inclusive training program that serves communities outside the Seattle area. CBC travels within the state of Washington providing 4-weeks of 40 hour/week training. At the completion of this program, students who achieve high grades in professional practices, trades education, physical competencies, and math will receive a graduation certificate. Local employers are invited to speak to the class during training and students can network and interview for local job opportunities. Local apprenticeship coordinators will also be invited to participate in CBC’s pre-apprenticeship program.
Graduates of this program will earn the following certifications:
– OSHA 10
Enrollment requirements vary depending on area and participating agencies. Please attend a CBC information session for more information.
Trades Education and Pre-Apprenticeship (TEPA)
Is an 8-week training program held at the Green Hill Academy in Chehalis, WA and is our juvenile rehabilitation program. Students in the program receive high school or college credit, depending on their academic need. Hands on training in the trades, as well as soft skills training to improve professionalism, increases the student’s knowledge, experience, and marketability. Students receive support and guidance throughout all phases and transitions of the TEPA program.
- Are on time and keep scheduled appointments
- Can provide all requested documents for their assessment
- Are honest in their interview
- Can pass a drug test
- Express an interest and/or have experience in construction trades
Backgrounds are screened for income eligibility, citizenship verification, and veteran status if applicable, if applicable.