Youth Career Exploration Programs
Here at ANEW and The Youth Exploration Program (YEP), we understand that in the era of “COVID-19,”programming for your Virtual Students can be overwhelming and tedious. YEP is offering our Virtual Introduction to The Construction Trades 2021 starting January 13th, 2021. These classes will be between 1-2 hours in length, depending on the topic. With these virtual classes, your students will be introduced to:
- Introduction to The Trades: Carpentry, Cement Masons, Laborers, Ironworkers, etc.
- Safety on The Job Site: How to stay safe on a construction site
- Self-Advocacy: How to speak up for yourself. When to ask for assistance
- Informational Interviews: Someone from the trades discusses their trade and what it is like. Time for questions and answers for students
- Emotional Intelligence: Learn the ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways.
You may have your students enroll in 1 or all 5 classes free of charge. If you have a class that is over 10 students, we will be happy to set up a private training for your class. If not, we will have students joining us from all over Washington State. This gives your student a chance to meet with and discuss matters/concerns with a diverse group of peers. We found that during our Work-based Summer Camp, students found new friends and new connections that wouldn’t have been possible without this virtual learning platform.
This is not a “Paid Program”, but it helps ready your students for the “Paid Work-based Summer Camp” in 2021.
Remember your student must have either an IEP or a 504 plan to be eligible for these classes. You will also need to work with you DVR Consultant to get their Pre-ETS forms complete, signed and submitted. We look forward to you and your students joining us next year.
Reach out to your Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Regional Transition Consultant
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: email@example.com